Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Stressed Out


Yo I know the feelin', when you feelin' like a villain
You be havin' good thoughts but the evils be revealin'
and the stresses of life can take you off the right path

No doubt. Everyone knows the feeling when you try to be positive but it just seems like everything is against you. Even the littlest things don't go your way and get to you when you know they shouldn't. Everyone deals with it differently, whether it's Bone Thug style: "Me and my radio doin' 90 on the freeway no other the way to go . . . gimme a drank and a song and I'll be stress free kickin' it all night long," or like Phife Dawg: "Now a days I go see wifey just to cure me from stress/lay my head on her breast, sugar dumplin' knows best/explain' all my problems to her gettin' things off my chest."

For me, it's both. And they almost come together sometimes. Music can chill me out and relax me like no other, and so can just venting to my girl. Or the paper. A lot of the times that's when the best music seems to be made, when no one will listen and you just gotta get your frustrations out! That's when you get people like ATCQ, Jay-Z, Nas, Biggie, 2Pac, Blu, and countless others that makethe whole world listen and relate to their words because they're hungry to be heard.

In the words of Jay-Z, we're all going through the same thing, and sometimes we need someone to lean on to make us stronger: "you ain't havin' it? Good, Me neither/ let's get together and make the whole word believers." 'Cause if you ask me, all you need is love and you better balee dat!

So what are some favorites of anyone else out there? Ya know, to just vibe out, forget, and relax to? For me, there's a few songs that always do the trick below.

ATCQ - Stressed Out
Blu - Below the Heavens (Yeah, the whole CD)
Bone Thugz - Hip Hop Baby
Fashawn - Relax (ft. Thurzday)
Jay-Z - Can't Knock The Hustle (ft. Mary J. Blidge)
Jay-Z - Can I Live
Kanye West - Never Let Me Down (ft. Jay-Z)
Kanye West - Everything I Am
Kanye West - Heard 'Em Say (ft. Adam Levine)
Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liqour (CD, again)
Modest Mouse - Float On
Morphine - Buena
Motion City Soundtrack - Everything is Alright
The Notorious B.I.G. - Juicy
Pacific Division - How We Chill
Pacific Division - Relax
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Especially in Michigan
TLC - Waterfalls

And that's juts getting started, haha.

No comments: