Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Life is Too $hort, Would You Agree?



You hear it all the time, "life is Too $hort . . ." to stay mad, not make the best of everything, drink cheap beer. All great pieces of advice right? I know I'm guilty of taking life granted almost everyday even though I try my best to stay positive and appreciative. But it's all relative, right? Sure I might live in America and be better off than a lot of kids my age, but I have this fucking test tomorrow, so FML. Why is it that in a world where life is so precious, where people die too young everyday, people still hate, still choose not to make the best of things, still take life for granted?

Well, like 50 told me (Not really, he said it in Many Men but I took the advice to heart. Close enough.), "Sunny days wouldn't be special, if it wasn't for rain. Joy wouldn't feel so good, if it wasn't for pain. Death gotta be easy, 'cause life is hard." So maybe that's whats up with all this hate stuff. I mean after all, how could any one thing be more joyful than another if some things didn't just plain suck balls? We all get a little overwhelmed with the troubles of life now and then, but just think. If it wasn't for the fact that your parents just don't understand, your teachers all conspire against you, and your car just broke down - again, then the good things in life just wouldn't mean anything. Like hitting the last cup in beer pong, or you know, something actually constructive like winning your March Madness bracket!

So screw all those beauty pageant girls and their speeches about world peace and hunger! Bring on the hate and I'm going to do my best to stay positive and use it as motivation and do something with my life. Of course, I wouldn't be able to stay positive if it wasn't for my good friends, family, and of course

(Reeeemix baaaby!)
Life is Too $hort, how could you not agree?
That's why I'm all about my baby like it's just her and me
Phone on silent, I can't be reached today
Out spendin' money like nothing because all my problems are far away
When I'm with her, I'm high like Kanye on Mercury
'Cause she's in my soul and system

No comments: